Friday, July 27, 2012

Alaska Zoo in Anchorage

Wednesday, I took a little trip to the Alaska Zoo in Anchorage. I wanted to see more native wildlife that I hadn't seen yet. And I was not disappointed. I won't have time to go to the antarctic, but I got to see polar bears anyway! :)

There were two. One was sleeping and this guy just finished a head of cauliflower for breakfast ;)



I think he needs a teeth cleaning ;) 


He's like me, gets his belly full then gets sleepy ;)


And does he ever know how to relax! Just draped himself right over those rocks :) LOL!!!



A beautiful Snowy Owl :)


A young musk ox

Gorgeous grey wolves



I tried to get a photo of a sleeping snow leopard, but this was the best I could do.


My favorites, the eagles. I never tire of looking at them or attempting to get better photos.





Another favorite...the Grizzly :) I would never get these close up opportunities in the wild.




Dall Sheep. This is a first I have seen any sheep or goats this trip. Those horns are impressive!






There were Mountain goats there too, but they were sleeping and I couldn't get any photos. That's the only thing left I want to see yet on my list of wildlife. Hopefully, in Denali in a couple of days :)


2 comments:

  1. You got some really wonderful close-ups of all the animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Colleen :) I've sure enjoyed seeing them all!

      Delete