Monday, August 27, 2012

Final Scenic Views

 Heading back down the Alaskan Highway taking in the views and storing them in my mind for days to come.

The foliage is telling me it is in fact time to go home before the snows start to fly. The fireweed is on the last of its blooms.


And the Aspen are turning a beautiful yellow


This is my idea of the perfect camp site. Why would I pay $40.00 per night for an RV Park site when this is free and priceless? That is one of the glories of the Alaskan Highway. You can just pull off and indulge in the beauty :)





The wash out from the flooding is still a temporary single dirt lane above Watson Lake where some of my sister RVers got stranded earlier in the season.


I said my final farewell to the Alaskan Highway and headed down the Cassier. Yet another gorgeous drive, but it was raining and foggy the whole way down and unfortunately was not conducive to photos.

I made my way down through Jasper and Banff National Parks in the Colorado Rockies. I did stop in the little town of Jasper. It was Saturday and very crowded. I tried to top off my tank, but tried 3 different stations, of which none of them had diesel. So I continued on to Lake Louise. There were about a half dozen parking lots all filled to the brim, so in disappointment, I did not get to see it. However, there is yet more beauty to behold :) 

Majestic mountains...









Some still snow covered at the end of August!


Do you think this will all melt before the next snows fly?


Me either ;)


Pristine mountain lakes with water as blue as can be :)





Coming out of Banff are these cross ways for wildlife. The roads are fenced off high so the animals are basically forced to use them. However, they have a long way to walk across the road for a drink on the other side because they are few and far between. I love the concept though.



Sunday, Aug 26th I crossed the border at Sweetgrass, Montana back onto American soil again :) This has been an amazing journey for me. I'll post some final notes when I get back home to Texas and have time to digest it all. Thanks for coming along with me :)


1 comment:

  1. There is still stuff to see on the way home girl. Enjoy every minute of the trip.

    ReplyDelete